Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When baby gates are not enough. (April 2008)

I love our dog Molly. She’s a great dog, but her “death by chocolate” philosophy is giving me gray hair. This Easter came and Molly’s chocolate radar was on alert. I was so good about making sure things were out of her reach. I even installed a baby gate blocking entrance into the kitchen making it a chocolate safe zone. It also helps keep both Ian and Molly out of the bagels.
Though low and behold Easter morning came and I had to leave early to do things at church so Joe and his parents fed and got the kids ready that morning. The good thing was that the gate to the kitchen was closed. The bad thing was that Molly was still able to reach the candy and chocolate on the counter. Her reach is becoming longer and longer. I don’t think she ate that much, but as always she got into the foil wrapped chocolates.
Don’t worry, she’s fine. She will live to be 9 years old on the 15th of April and this event has confirmed my feelings about her and her chocolate addiction. When her time comes, it comes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment