Our First Family Camping Trip
I have to admit I wasn’t looking forward to it. Yeah sure, camping sounded fun at the time- heck I even suggested it! But the more and more I thought about it, the more I began dreading it. The last time I went camping I was pregnant and the mosquitoes ate me alive and the thought of running around keeping Ian from eating everything organic (and inorganic) that he found on the ground gave me anxiety attacks.
Well we left and got to the campground at Lake Wenatchee and the kids got out and started running around everywhere. This is when dread set in. But the funniest thing happened . . . they came back! We hiked, we ate, we played, we saw animals, we ate, we walked, we swam, we ate, we found bugs . . . . . . eating was Ian’s favorite part.
This time was actually more relaxing than I would have guessed AND (this is the best part!) I got 1 mosquito bite! I guess I’m not pregnant . . . . . :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment