You know your two year old is getting to heavy to hold when . . .
. . . You loose feeling in your hand
. . . Your fingers turn purple
. . . Your arm starts shaking
. . . When you grunt while picking him up
. . . When his grandparents would rather not pick him up too much
. . . When other people refuse to pick him up
. . . When people are genuinely shocked that he’s two years old and not three or four
. . . When going to the gym 3x a week, doing weights, doesn’t make you strong enough to carry him for more than 3 minutes
Ian is only 34 pounds and is quite normal according to his growth chart. His height, head circumference, and his weight are all in the 90th -95th percentile. So he’s very proportionate. The problem is that he is solid! He is full of muscle like his daddy and apparently Joe was the same size at Ian’s age.
He is also going through a stage of separation anxiety and he insists on being held all the time. I know it’s normal, especially with Joe coming and going, but good gravy! This kid is heavy! And he doesn’t understand that I can’t hold him the entire time we’re in the commissary or Wal-Mart. Eventually I do have to give into his very loud screaming and carrying on for fear of someone calling CPS. Everyone turns around when they hear a screaming child and looks at the mother, expecting her to do something magical to stop it!
I love my youngest. I really do. And I guess the only thing to do is to give in and do more weights at the gym.

No comments:
Post a Comment