Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Murphy's Problematic (and sometimes ironic) Law

As soon as Joe left, I really felt I was prepared for anything exploding, breaking or just plain not working. I had the toolbox and my cell phone at the ready. Little did I know that those were the toold I was not going to be needing.

Miss Molly the Border Collie is 11.5 years old (80 in dog years). It seemed as soon as Joe left she began leaving surprises around the house, mostly in our bedroom. Molly was sick, with what I'm not sure, but one thing was for sure- she was not feeling well. Molly's slender frame was becoming slimmer and slimmer, she wanted food, but drank little water. As this past Saturday came, I began making plans for taking Molly to the mainland emergency pet clinic. And preparing myself for the chance of her needing to be at final peace.

She was so ill looking, it was breaking my heart. And having to make that final decision on my own has always been something that I did not want to do alone.

Email after email sent to Joe, letting him know what was going on, with no response.

I finally woke up Sunday morning to a surprise. Molly hadn't messed. She actually rolled over for me to rub her belly and has been as spry as a spring pup all day. Joe finally was able to get an email out to me. We've actually have a "conversation" today.

Is this the calm in the storm? Does she have a few more years in her? Or is this God's way of steeling me, preparing me for what's to come?

In the meantime Molly is at my chair, the ever faithful pup, just sitting. Content on living in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment